Saturday, January 14, 2006

Maryland

All right, you demanding bunch of people. :)

Some of you know that I am in Maryland for a wedding. 'Tis the wedding of the Landru and the Ilse (aka Isle, or Sami). It has been my pleasure and honor to stay at the very home of the devil himself, and partake of the large, treeful surroundings (leafless though they be, and no, none of that is code) which I do dearly miss in my homestate of Arizona.

For my warm weather friends -- the weather has been quite decent and not too cold, though I have been wearing what they call a coat, which is a useful thing because of it's warmth and multi-pocketude. There is also this thing called humidity, which leads to "Rain", which has been both generous and frustrating for me in the hair department. And as an aside, since I am a Kimmahwannabe, my hair has recently taken on a reddish tint.

Oh, oh, oh, but enough about me.

The Wedding

The plan was simple: Courthouse at 9:30, Pancake House at 10:15.

I accompanied the bride and groom to the courthouse Friday morning, where I was stripsearched because I had a dangerous insurgent chapstick in my pocket. I asked if they could wait with the cavity search until after the ceremony so I could remain virginous until after Landru and Ilse were married, but they refused my plea. Fortunately, that didn't cast a shadow on the upcoming event. A second witness, friend to the lovely couple and Internet acquaintance to me, was also present, and eventually we were ushered into a quaint little chapel-like Wedding Room. We all dressed in jeans for the occasion.

It was decided that I would be Best Man, and PurpleState would be Matron of Honor. A woman, who showed no credentials whatsoever, entered the room and performed a short but lovely ceremony. No rings were lost or victims of tiresome sitcom wedding gaggery. Purplestate held Ilse's flowers while the bride and groom kissed, and he almost certainly shed a tear, though it was hurriedly whisked away when it was time for the pronouncement of husband and wife.

From that point we proceeded to the Pancake House reception, which was, frankly, a taste explosion.

And that's about it. Well, except for the orgasmic dinner that evening at Morton's, which was the best meal I have ever eaten in my entire life, and for which we dressed up quite handily, with the gorgeous Ilse in a smashing red dress and Landru in handsome suit and tie. The giddy couple then headed out to their honeymoon suite after dropping me off at the Landru's place so I could watch seventeen hours straight of South Park on DVD.

Whee! Having a wonderful, fantastic time here on the east coast. And today, I get to have lunch with my dear friend Technoir. *wave*

8 Comments:

Blogger Swami said...

Well, I would have liked more details on the strip search but the wedding news is okay too. At least you updated.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Supes said...

Hi! What are you having?

12:59 PM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Yay! An update!

Congrats to the newlyweds!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous TechNoir said...

*wave*

Your tat looks much better in person. The color is wonderful. As is Morton's.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

...and not a moment too soon, either. ;)

10:21 PM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

HI wheeze...thanks for the little update.

10:05 AM  
Blogger bobdechemist said...

I am totally not gellus AT ALL.

7:48 PM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

Ahem. I wonder who else lives in Maryland and likes to eat eggs. Hmmm...

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home