Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Confession time

I? Love Disney's High School Musical.

And at this very moment, my children, ages 12 and 9, are watching Sesame Street (I know, I know) and we've discovered that Ernie has no nipples. Also, it pleases me to hear Elmo sing "Figaro".

Now you.


In other news, I heard that Lois Lowry's Newbery Award winning novel, "The Giver", is being made into a movie. This is one of the best YA books I've ever read. You should read it. Think "Handmaid's Tale" for jr. high.

Relatedly, Lowry's "Number the Stars" is under controversy and may be banned from a school because, oh the horror, it contains the word 'damn'. Imagine that, a book for middle-schoolers about the Holocaust containing such strong language. Can't they tone it down?? Sheesh.

What's new and exciting in your life? What movies are you watching lately? Would any of you be interested in having my kids come live with you for the rest of the summer, because I'm getting next to nothing done and they are driving me crazy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kimmah said...

We've not actually seen High School Musical, but my boys love the songs. I need to check and see when it is on again.

I don't really watch the movies so much being that I'm a loser, but I do like to watch The Closer. That's the highlight of my week right now.

Oh, I'm also taking real estate classes right now, so I'm all studious and such. I'm doing it correspondence--translated read the book yourself, so it's boring me to tears.

I have a new blog addy, too. It's in my profile. That's about it. This is the longest comment evah....oooh, the typing word is sesqm---which is eerily like Sesame, dontcha think? We watched Dora this morning. I do like Boots the monkey. Don't know about the nipples, though.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Buggy said...

Kimmah, rent it.
Katie has it on DVD ( and the soundtrack), but she took it with her to Cally, so I haven't seen it in a week.

Don't send me your Kids, Wheezy, I sent mine away.
( and it's so quiet here, it's weird)

I need to catch up with my blog reading. Gonna spend my morning with Kimmah.

I just came by here looking for a Disneyland story.

6:10 PM  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

we've discovered that Ernie has no nipples

I always figured that Bert was a rough lover, but I had no idea it went that far...

1:44 PM  
Blogger gothmog said...

oh the horror, it contains the word 'damn'. Imagine that, a book for middle-schoolers about the Holocaust containing such strong language. Can't they tone it down?? Sheesh.

2nd time today I've encountered a Holocaust book with the word "damn" in it. Word t' yo mutha.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Wheeze said...

Sounds like an epidemic, gm.

I would think Number the Stars might even be a good choice for a nine-year-old who can handle an instance of profanity.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Bravie said...

I usually enjoy reading your blog. However, today I came here and saw your use of profanity and I was deeply offended.
Please Ms. Wheezus, please refrain from using the "D word" in any future postings.
Thank you

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home