Thursday, August 10, 2006

Going to Britain?

You'll need to carry your tampons in your hand, and pack your keys, cell phone, ipod and laptop in your checked bags. When they lose your luggage, well...I guess you'll just have to take a cab home. Darn those key fobs.


From Salon.com





Items Banned Aboard Planes in Britain

- - - - - - - - - - - -

By The Associated Press

August 10,2006 | -- Security measures in place Thursday at British airports in response to thwarted terror plot:

Prohibited items in airline cabins:

-- All liquids, except medicine and baby formula verified as authentic.

-- Food bought at airport.



-- Handbags.

-- All electrical and battery-powered items, including laptop computers, mobile phones and iPods.

-- Electric key fobs.

-- Wheelchairs, except those provided by airport.

--__

Items permitted in cabin, carried in clear plastic bag:

-- Pocket-size wallets and purses containing money, ID and credit cards.

-- Passports and tickets.

-- Prescription medicine and medical items.

-- Glasses and sunglasses, but not cases.

-- Contact lens holders, but not lens solution.

-- Baby formula and milk, but contents of each bottle must be tasted by passenger.

-- Diapers, wipes, creams for infants.

-- Tampons, sanitary napkins and tissues, but not boxes.

-- Keys.


What's going on around the U.S. today? Oh, it's a fun day at the airports all over.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jolene said...

What a nightmare. Thankfully it's not quite that strict in the U.S. (yet), but what the heck are those people supposed to do on the plane if you don't let them bring anything? I am flying in two weeks, and I am dreading it, not because I am worried about terrorism, but because I would like to wash my hair and brush my teeth, but I really, really, don't want to check my bags. Fuck. I think the terrorists have already won, and they didn't even have to do anything.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

Quite so. Pretty effective terrorism if you ask me. Good for the Brits to blow the whistle tho'.
But what to do with the tampons?

2:55 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Crazy, isn't it? I'm so glad I have no plans to fly anytime soon. I may just have to drive next time I go anywhere. Oh, but wait... that means I'll have to buy overpriced gasoline that is likely coming from a middle eastern refinery!

Catch 22, huh?

Gee, I think I'll just hole up in my bomb shelter for a year or two.

*waves* to Wheezy!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Bravie said...

What about Prep H? If I have a loooong flight and just happen to have a hemmorhoid, am I supposed to just suffer?
That's shit. I hate the terrorists.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

It's all my fault, of course. I had a trip with my Drama Club planned for March to London.

Now I'm replanning my trip--we're prolly going to L.A. or Chicago. Still going to the UK with my mom and oldest son in the spring, but I think we'll do some creative ingress and egress to avoid the direct flights and, hopefully, SOME of the hoopla.

As for an international flight with no carryon?? Fuuuuuuuuck. I'll be choosing an airline with one of those all-in-one entertainment systems for sure. No way I'm flying 7+ hours with a 13-year-old who has nothing to do. ACK!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home